We’ve dug into our extensive archives to find out what life was life in Cootamundra 10 years ago.
Here’s a glimpse of what happened around the area:
- In February, hundreds of children started their first day at kindergarten, walking through the school gates for the first time.
- There was plenty of action on field – with cricketers, swimmers and lawn bowlers strutting their stuff in the sports pages.
- The Sydney Roosters sent Ryan Cross and Adrian Morley to visit EA Southee School to share the secrets of rugby league and to inspire students.
- Employees at Cootamundra’s then Roads and Traffic Authority were on the line as the closure of the office on Bourke Street were under threat as the state government considered job losses for the agency.
- The then Greater Southern Area Health Service needed extra people to complete their advisory board in Cootamundra.