THE Dunk Insurance Cup saw the Temora Renegades thrash the Young-based side, the Scorchers, by 98 runs.
The Renegades, after being sent in, obliged by scoring 9/202; the Scorchers were never in the hunt scoring 104.
The Renegades were determined to go one better after losing in the inaugural final of the competition to Stockinbingal in the 2015-16 season.
There was a handy crowd on hand at Nixon Park two and for the most part, were very vocal.
The Renegades had a number of contributors with the bat and all were at the top of the order.
Young left-hander Cody Lynch scored 21; Matt Lennon made his best to score of the season with a fine 38, while Josh Breust continued his fine form with bat scoring 24.
The icing on the cake for the Renegades came from Paul Oliver who blasted 55 from 52 balls, his knock included eight fours.
Oliver’s innings boosted the Renegades score to a very competitive total of 9/202.
The Scorchers bowling took a bit of a hammering at times, however left arm quick Ben Logue was the pick, capturing 2/25 from eight overs.
Chasing 203 runs for victory, the Scorchers inning never really got going.
The only batsman to make any impact on the scoreboard was Drew Morris.
The left-hander top scored with 37.
Bowling honours were evenly shared by the Renegades.
Young arm quick Blake Hargraves captured 3/16 from 7.4, James Lockley chimed in with 3/5 while Paul Oliver capped off a fine match snaring 2/25.
For his fine all-round effort, Paul Oliver was easily judged as man of the match.
- Champion Player award, or a Player Under 25: Nick Hall, Young Services Blues. Nick scored 292 runs captured seven wickets and held eight catches. Nick is only 16 years old.
- Delta Agribusiness batting aggregate: Jonte Powderly, Young Services Blues, 348 runs at 38.
- Delta Agribusiness Bowling aggregate: Cal Taylor, Coyotes, 33 wickets at 8.7.
- Dunk Insurance Cup Batting aggregate: Adam Swanston, Renegades, 312 runs at 39.
- Dunk Insurance Bowling aggregate: Javern Hurcum, Gunners, 29 wickets at 16.
- Blooms Chemist Under 16 best player: Will Oliver, Temora.
Pat Kerin was presented with a pewter mug as during the season he officiated in his 500th match on December 9.
The season review meeting is Wednesday at Cootamundra Ex-Services Club.