THE Cootamundra Saleyards and Associated Agents yarded 3900 sheep and lambs at its fortnightly sale.
This was a decrease of over 2000 from the previous sale.
The market consisted of 2430 lambs, 1238 ewes, 99 hoggets, 71 wethers, 44 rams, 18 old sheep.
With minimal rain over the last week, and the seasonal conditions looking grim, once again the quality yarded, was not as good as previous sale, especially on the trade lamb job, with the market up to $4 off the pace of the previous sale.
Most agents only had three or four lead pens with a larger percentage of forward store lambs now coming through.
Top price pen of the day went to Wynwood Pastoral Co of Harden with a high quality pen of XB making $166.
With a skin value of $6 and estimated CW of 27.5kg, they came back at $5.80kg CW and were knocked down to Australian Lamb Company.
The highlight of the sale was a large run of Cast for Age XB ewes supplied by the Berryman family of Stockinbingal.
Carrying a $10 coat and with estimated CW of 34kg, they were knocked down to Fletchers International on a knock call for $180 or $5kg CW.
The highlight of the sale was a large run of Cast for Age XB ewes supplied by the Berryman family.
- 24 to 26 KG CW made from $155 to $160
- 22 to 24 KG CW made from $140 to $150
- 20 to 22 KG CW made from $130 to $140
- 18 to 20 KG CW made from $100 to $115
- 16 to 18 KG CW made from $75 to $90
Most three to four score trade lambs were in the $5.75 to $6.20kg KG CW range, with mutton selling extremely well to be in the $4.40 to $5kg CW range.
- Cootamundra Saleyards & Associated Agents advise that the next sheep sale will be on Wednesday, May 30 at 8.30am. Please book early with your preferred agents.
- Mherv: men’s health education rural van will be present on the day for FREE men’s health checks. Sponsored by Rotary Club.