A FIRE tore through a Junee home yesterday, leaving almost everything "unsalvageable".
Junee Fire Brigade responded to numerous triple zero calls shortly after 9am on Tuesday, with reports a home on Church Street was well alight.
Station Commander Jeff Edwards said neighbours were attempting to extinguish the blaze using garden hoses when firefighters arrived on scene.
"They were trying to quell that fire through a blown out window into the lounge room, they were really trying their best but due to the nature of the fire spreading through the house, it was a little in vain," he said.
Commander Edwards said firefighters were initially only able to get a little over one metre inside the home before being forced to the ground due to the heat.
The owner of the home, a woman, had not long left for work before the fire broke out in the living room in what Commander Edwards said they believed to be an electrical fire.
"[She] was naturally very distressed and shaking, she was horribly upset, but the good news is she did have valid home and contents insurance to cover it," he said.
Much of the owner's personal belongings could not be salvaged, according to Commander Edwards.
"She may be able to get some jewellery or photos, but the house suffered major damage, the internal damage was enormous through the whole premises," he said.