The Cootamundra Saleyards and Associated Agents yarded 1524 sheep and lambs at it fortnightly sale.
This was a decrease of about 555 on the previous sale.
The market consisted of 943 lambs, 123 hoggets, 557 mutton sheep and 23 rams.
In a light yarding heading into the Easter Break a very good quality yarding came forward, with each agent have some excellent well finished lead pens.
There was a good line up of buyers on the rail considering, and most were keen to fill orders, and they operated in a market that was fully firm for heavy lambs and $5 to $10 dearer, for trade lambs.
Once again, there was some re stocker activity, although they were often outbid by the processors.
Top price, for the day went to John McLachan, of Stockinbingal, with an outstanding pen of XB Lambs making $205.
With an estimated CW of 29kg and wearing a $8 coat, they came back at $ 6.90kg CW.
Most 3 to 4 score lambs in the 20 to 24kg CW were in the $ 7.10 to $ 7.50 / KG CW with the light trade weight bag lambs (14 to 16kg CW) were up to $7.80kg CW
Most of the heavier lambs 26 KG plus were in the $6.50 to $7 bracket.
There was a limited selection of Mutton, and the prices held the very strong trends of the previous sale.
Most Mutton ranged in the $ 4.90 to $5.50kg CW,
The hogget prices, remain strong.
OTHER LAMB QUOTES
- 26 to 30 KG CW made from $180 to $205.00
- 24 to 26 KG CW made from $ 160 to $180.00
- 22 to 24 KG CW made from $160 to $175.00
- 20 to 22 KG CW made from $ 150 to $160.00
- 18 to 20 KG CW made from $115 to $155.00
- 16 to 18 KG CW made from $100 to $140.00.
- Cootamundra Saleyards and Associated Agents would like to advise that our next sale is on Wednesday, May 1 at 8.30am.